USE GPR TO IMAGE CONCRETE, ASPHALT, MASONRY AND WOOD
Scantech is an experienced provider of high-resolution high-frequency GPR surveys to evaluate concrete, asphalt, masonry and wood structures. We also provide GPR surveys for road, tunnel and bridge deck evaluations.
As qualified geophysicists we can guarantee a high-quality GPR imaging service for:
- Embedded utilities
- Layer thickness
Safety check / Pre-drill Survey
- Locate targets within concrete structures - electrical conduits, cables, water pipes and all types of structural reinforcement
- Mark out targets in real-time and/or provide 2D/3D CAD drawing
Quality control / Condition Survey
- Verify presence, depth and spacing of rebars, pre- and post-tension cables and conduits
- Measure concrete thickness and concrete cover.
- Detect voids in concrete
- Map zones of deterioration
Advantages of GPR for concrete non-destructive testing
- Only single-sided access is needed
- Safe and non-disruptive
- Cost effective: fast imaging of large areas
- Accurate, high-resolution real-time mapping
- Locate embedded targets: metallic and non-metallic
GPR radargram showing rebar variation with depth.
Rebar location map for a concrete pier.