MAP WATER SUPPLY PIPES AND DRAINAGE NETWORKS WITH GPR
Scantech is an experienced and accredited provider of GPR surveys to locate and map mains supply, drainage networks and irrigation systems in urban and rural locations.
We are specialists in using GPR to trace and map individual water pipes (ductile iron, asbestos, clay, concrete and PE) and domestic water supply pipes and connections. The location and depth of cover of water pipes with leaks or which are prone to freezing can be determined using GPR.
We also map other targets such as other adjacent utilities, pipe junctions, voids, underground drainage pathways, subsurface soil/bedrock layers and areas of excess water saturation.
Low utility density survey areas include
- Golf courses
- Agricultural settings
- Sports grounds and playing pitches (grass and artificial surfaces)
- Rural roads
High utility density (urban) surveys include the detection and location of:
- Waste water treatment plant underground infrastructure
- Water mains networks in built up areas (town and cities)
- Foul and storm pipe systems
- Fire hydrant ring main supply pipes
Radargram with GPR anomalies from telecoms, drainage, power and two water mains.